Our aims -
- Increase awareness of the prevalence of hypothyroidism, and the difficulties facing patients in obtaining a correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment within the NZ Health system
- Provide educational and emotional support to patients and their families.
- Offer information on available treatment options for the general public and the medical profession
- Provide advocacy on behalf of thyroid disorder sufferers (both hypo and hyper) with government and the medical professions
- Help encourage people to actively participate in taking control of their own health
- Pursue the need for open and free access to independent and accurate information both at the time of diagnosis and thereafter
- See more alternative synthetic T4 medication permanently subsidised by Pharmac and to eventually obtain funding for Whole Thyroid Extract and T3 medication as well.